Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 1: My God! What have I done?

I didn't even remember that I had this blog. It is convenient that I do though, since I don't have to bother starting a new one. This is Day 1 of my Eat to Live (ETL) experiment. For my audience of none, if you don't already know, I read the book Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and  Sustained Weight Loss. Now I am on Day 1 of my initial 6 week journey. This means that I have given up all animal products, all processed foods, added sugars, oils, and just about everything else I actually eat. It has not been easy. Truth be told it is only 9:47 AM and I already hate my life. But then yesterday I did eat all of that, and I still hated my life, so this really isn't a radical departure.

So far today I have eaten some grapes, carrots, cucumber and strawberries, and I am starving. It's a good thing that today is payday, because we need to go food shopping. Paying for produce is expensive, but I think since I won't be buying meat, pasta, rice, cheese, juice or really anything else except some nuts and seeds, I guess it will probably end up the same.

I talked to DH (Darling Husband) last night about this little adventure. And he said that he was interested in coming with me. That still leaves DD (Darling Daughter) to contend with. She is almost 14, is her ideal weight and runs on her Jr. High track team. So... I don't know really what to do. I guess I, as with most things in my life, I will wing it and see what happens.

ETA:
It just occurred to me that I will also have to give up Tic-Tacs... I guess I should donate all the stuff that I plan on never eating again to The Ministries. That will show my commitment to the project.

ETA 8 PM
So... it's dinner time on a Friday night, and I have a delicious bowl of plants to eat. I am not going to lie, I would LOVE to eat a cheeseburger right now. LOVE. WANT. NEEEEEEED! But I am not going to do it. I did not cheat at all today. I didn't even have a tic-tac!

3 comments:

Regina said...

So proud of you! The quit smoking thing was the best thing you have ever done for your body! The not eating pasta thing-I'm not so sure about!
If you got through 15 weeks of pre-calc how hard can 6 weeks of eating "good" food be?
Please don't try any of the rabbit food!

Medicinal Carrots said...

LOL. Pre-calc was way easier than this. An old friend of mine once told me that his strategy for getting through boot camp was to tell himself everyday that it wouldn't last forever. I only have to make it until November 30. Then I can start adding other foods.

Kimmy said...

Oh wow...good luck to you!! I don't think I could do it!!!